With the end of the tax year rapidly approaching, it makes sense to utilise your allowances & exemptions in 2015/2016 before they disappear on 6 April 2016.
In respect to Capital Gains tax planning there are a number of areas for consideration & tax planning, including:
- Maximising the £11,100 annual exemption;
- Use bed and spouse planning for married couples and civil partners;
- Use bed and ISA or bed and SIPP planning to realise gains up to the annual exemption by selling existing investments and buying them back within an ISA or pension;
- Reduce tax by combining capital gains tax planning with pension planning;
- Use losses from previous years to offset current gains.
Need advice? We are here to help.