We are delighted to announce the latest addition to the Financial Planning team at Investment Solutions - Angus Willson who joins us as a Diploma qualified adviser, studying towards the pinnacle of adviser qualifications - Chartered status, which should be achieved next year.
Angus has been advising clients in London and across the South East since 2002 and has a wealth of experience across all aspects of financial planning. His 12 year career in financial services has included a 3 year spell as a mortgage broker working in London. Now based in Shoreham, his background brings a new dimension to Investment Solutions in that we are able to offer clients independent mortgage advice. His experience covers residential purchases and re-mortgages as well as buy to let, commercial, and securing development finance.
Mortgage advice can be an integral part of an individuals’ financial arrangements. Examples are given below of situations where the need for specialist advice may arise beyond the normal purchase and sale:
- The self-employed using offset mortgages to manage their savings for their end of year tax bill.
- Raising finance on a property owned by more than two people following probate
- Mortgage advice on divorce and separation of assets and transfer of equity
- Business owners raising capital to help with their business
- The newly self-employed (under 18 months trading) seeking to raise a mortgage
- Self –employed with high retained profit but low drawings
- In addition, Angus has achieved the advanced CII Pension Qualification (AF4) which gives him the capability to advise on complex pension op-ons including final salary and money purchases transfers.
- Other recent cases include helping clients use their Self Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP’S) to purchase unquoted shares and shares in their own employer
Angus has also put his pensions’ knowledge to good use and regularly assists solicitors and clients with pension advice in divorce matters. He is currently applying to become an Associate Member of Resoluton.
We welcome Angus on board and wish him every success with Investment Solutions and he will get round to meeting all our professional connections in due course.
In the meantime if you do have any questions within the above specialised fields which you feel Angus may be able to help with, in regard to issues your clients are facing, then please do call him in the office on 01903214640 or email email@example.com.